Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The cannery is closed

Yesterday I had a rare occurance where I was able to leave work by noon. It was time to put all the canning equipment away. The day before we had finished our last grape juice, ( and since I always count) there were over 200 quarts of grape juice now in our basement. Jeff sets up the gas camp stove outside and now it was time to put it all away. Several boxes of bottles went down stairs, frankly I was suprised that there were any left. All the bottles that were filled are stored on the shelves. I smiled at one point during the last few months when I said something about my kitchen. Jeff, without missing a beat said that we didn't have a kitchen anymore, it was a cannery!

So I tried to clean it all up. There are still a few things to put away. But after the work was fun for the day someone had to ask "what about the apples". Personally I think the apples can wait, we will eat on them while they are fresh, then maybe I'll can some more.

5 comments:

Joni said...

You're a cannin' woman indeed.

Croslands said...

Okay so maybe one day I'll be that domestic. I'm hoping that I'll get there. I guess you'll have to plan a trip out here to get me started.

Amberly said...

I'm with kimber. come do my house too!!

Boom said...

Wow, how do you do it all! I'm impressed. Are you excited about a new little brother or sister for Tralee? I am! Happy Fall! Enjoyed your comments about Stake Conference. Thanks for sharing!
Leslie's Mom

Leslie said...

I love reaping the benefits of all of your hard work -- thanks!! :)