Friday, October 10, 2008

An exciting day

I can't let this day go by without marking it. Today I had two exciting phone calls. The first one was from a young man named Chase Bevans. He asked if he was talking to Cammi's mom and then asked if he could marry my daughter. I asked him if he promised to take good care of her for the rest of her life and he said, 'yes'. Then I made him promise again. (twice)

He assured me that he loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. I told her that if he gave Cammi opportunities to learn and grow that she would continue to do wonderful things with her life and be a great wife and mother some day.

Then while I was at work tonight, Cammi called. She wanted to let me know that she said 'yes'. I thought that was a good answer. There was a ring on her finger that she tried to describe to me but I can hardly wait to see it.

I will meet Cammi in SLC on thursday the 16th and we will shop for a wedding dress together.

Chase and Cammi are being married on a Beach in Hawaii with a couple of their close friends sometime in December. We hope to invite everyone to a summer reception up in Canada.

Maybe by this time next week I can post pictures of our day shopping for dresses.
It has been a good day.

4 comments:

Joni said...

He tricked her!! With jewelry!! Whaaa! just jokes..it's freakin awesome. Just don't expect it from me anytime soon. or ever... ;)

Croslands said...

This is such great news. Thank you for sharing, I'll be emailing her right now.

Katelyn & Wade said...

Wahoo! Congratulations Cammi!

Nancy said...

That is so exciting! I'm happy for Cammi. Good excuse to visit Hawaii also!