Tuesday, September 2, 2008

McCall at the turn of the season

Sorry no pics. But we just returned from two days in McCall, not nearly enough. Nona and Ed invited us to join them and the only time we could go was early monday until tuesday evening. We left early and met the Haddock gang at the pancake house. It was a small group, only 12. It gave us a chance to see everyone before they started home.

Julie and James and their kids were there and they looked Soooooo good. I miss having them around. Then Kathy and Nathan and Krista and Adam had to leave for home.

We stopped by to see Dave and Becky before they pulled out and picked Huckleberries for a couple of hours. Dave has a secret meadow, but I don't think he is going to tell.......

Then off to see Nona and Ed. Ed was kind enough to put the boat in the water and around the lake we went. Nona and I had blankets over us and once in a while the sun would peak out. We saw one brave skier and I think Ed counted up to 4 boats on the water. It was fun and brings back a lot of memories. We were trying to see if we could figure out where Tam and Ben would be from the water but we had to drive there today and Ed and I went down to the water to get our bearings. I think we could find it now.

Then in the evening the guys got into a football game, I started Eds book and Nona was crocheting. OK, we are not the most exciting group but what a nice break from all the work we have been doing.

After getting home today we realized that we don't even have a picture to share. We will be smarter next time.

Bread is baking now and then I will be off to bed....

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I can't wait to get there... a little bit of heaven, that place

Heather said...

I'm sorry, but how do we know you? We can't quite figure it out!
Matt and Heather Kearl

Croslands said...

Sounds like my kind of trip. Nice that you can fit those into your busy life. You need more vacations.